Bucket Elevators are used for the vertical and, in exceptional cases, the slightly inclined, continuous transport of various bulk goods. They are suitable for the transportation of large bulk goods with high volumetric flow rates and a high conveyor height.
The choice of the means of pulling, the bucket, its distance and the design are determined by the material characteristics, the usage application and the conveying capacity.
Bucket Elevators are defined in accordance with DIN 15201 [Continuous Conveyors] and the basic principles for the calculation and design are stipulated pursuant to VDI 2324. .
Belt bucket elevators can be equipped with EP belts, steel cable belts, round link chains as single and double strand chains, as standard or constricting chain buckets and as high performance central chain bucket elevators.
The feeding of the material to be conveyed takes place at the lower bottom station, which is equipped with a tensioning device. The material discharge and the emptying of the buckets of the conveyed material takes place at the upper drive top station. The emptying is designed, in accordance with the characteristics of the goods being conveyed and the conveying capacities, as gravity or centrifugal emptying.
The material selection for the housing and the bucket, and the selection of the belt quality, is carried out in line with the requirements.
Bucket elevators have large mounting openings in one of the vertical shafts and all the monitoring devices necessary for ensuring safe operation (in particular monitoring of belt misalignment, speed, slip, fill level)
- Choice of housing material is flexible: steel, stainless steel, steel/rubber combinations
- Varied choice of bucket material: steel, stainless steel, plastic, rubber, with and without wear protection
- Suitable for transportation of hot goods
- Belts pursuant to requirements
- Belt features antistatic, foodstuffs permitted, white, black, oil and fat resistant, heat resistant and abrasion resistant, flame retardant, self-extinguishing
- Versions of housing: dustproof, rainproof, gasproof, pressure-sealed
- Suitable for the foodstuffs industry
- Suitable for abrasive products
- Explosion-proof design [ATEX directive 2014/34/EU]
- modular building block system
- Space-saving setup
- high durability and long life
- high conveyance rates
- high conveyor height
- Design pursuant to ATEX
- low-noise running of the tractive element
- excellent reliability
- low maintenance requirement
- environmentally friendly
- Economic efficiency as a result of standardized components